365 TO LIFE
CHROME offers a 365 TO LIFE guarantee against manufacturing and material defects for items purchased from authorized CHROME resellers. All CHROME bags carry a lifetime guarantee and all CHROME footwear and apparel products carry a one-year guarantee. Please note that our warranty coverage does have some limitations. For details, be sure to carefully read the terms and conditions of our warranty policy.
To submit a claim, be sure to provide:
- Photos of the entire front and back of the item
- Clear photos of the issue in mention
- A photo of the product code label:
- BAGS: grey/white tag inside main compartment
- APPAREL: black/white tag with product info
- FOOTWEAR: tag inside the tongue
- Proof of purchase
Please allow 5 business days for us to review your claim. We will contact you to request additional information, photos or proof of purchase. Apparel and footwear claims without a receipt or www.chromeindustries.com order number will not be processed.
Below are some general guidelines of our warranty:
- Warranty for apparel and footwear items require a proof of purchase.
- Warranty is only valid on purchases made on www.chromeindustries.com, a CHROME HUB or from an authorized CHROME dealer.
- You will need to keep possession of your product until you receive confirmation from us that your warranty claim has been completed.
- Product worn past the point of repair voids warranty coverage.
- If your claim is approved, you may receive a product voucher to use on www.chromendustries.com or a replacement product at the discretion of CHROME.
- You are responsible for the cost of shipping approved repairs to our repair facility.
- CHROME is not responsible for any cost or damages incurred due to loss of use of the product.
- All cash refunds must be obtained through the original seller.
- A product voucher may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
- Warranty coverage ends when you transfer product.
- All CHROME warranty decisions are final.
- By submitting a warranty claim you agree to these terms.
Examples of what is not covered by warranty:
- Products with warranty labels removed.
- Items acquired from CHROME to satisfy previous warranty claims.
- Product acquired from online auction sites, liquidators, consignment shops, private sellers, or salesman samples and promotional products.
- Damage that is a result from misuse, reasonable wear and tear, accident or storage.
- Reasonable wear and tear such as rips, tears, peels, fraying and fading.
- Worn stitching and worn soles due to reasonable wear and tear.
- Zippers that have broken due to misuse, reasonable wear and tear or accident.
- Reflectivity components.
- Rusted buckles and issues with straps due to rusted buckles.
- Velcro-style hook and loop wear out after 2 years.
- Modified products.
- Improper fit or comfort. Fit is the responsibility of the owner and should be assured before purchasing the product.
- Accessory items (including, but not limited to, key chains, phone pouches, wallets, utility pouches, belts, water bottles and bike locks).