#ChromeSpotCheck Kilo Contest: San Francisco – SOMA
From donut shops to dive bars, skate spots to record stores, our favorite cities are full of spots that make them unique. To share some of our favorite spots (and stuff) from our favorite places, we started the #ChromeSpotCheck contest where we’ll be giving out a Treadwell Kilo packed full of rad stuff from the cities that inspire us.
But sharing is a two-way street. To win one of these bad boys, all you have to do is get a dope pic of your favorite spot in your city, post it to IG with a little description of why it’s rad and the hashtag #chromespotcheck, follow us and you’re entered to win. On the last Friday of each month we’ll pick the best spot and award the packed out Kilo to the winner! Easy!
For our second Kilo, we went back to the roots. San Francisco’s SOMA Hub was our first permanent retail location. The SOMA (South of Market) neighborhood was also home to our headquarters from 2008 to 2017. Josh, our SOMA Hub manager, pounded the pavement in SOMA to pack out his Kilo with some rad SF-style goodies:
- A Bag of A/P Blend Cento Coffee – The Chrome Coffee Shop in the SOMA Hub exclusively sells Cento coffee, fuel for all rippers on the south side of SF.
- Chrome SF Made Patch – Repping SF made easy.
- MASH Transit Patch – SF originals MASH Transit make the dopest frames on the West Coast.
- $20 At The Bike Connection – Cash to spend at SOMA bike shop mainstays Bike Connection – in-store or online
- SF Giants/Cal Republic Pin – Our SOMA hub is just blocks away from AT&T Park – home of the San Francisco Giants
- 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon & Slap Koozie – 21st Amendment’s groundbreaking brewery is just a couple blocks away from Chrome SOMA. Delicious!
- Hotel Utah Saloon Matchbook – Chromies have been propping up the bar at the Utah for over a decade, a little memento from our favorite bar/music venue in the Bay.
Check out the Winner of Last Month’s #ChromeSpotCheck Contest:
The Rock Room – Pittsburgh, PA
The RockRoom, where punks, traveler kids, skins, and your occasional hipster come to get wasted and have a good f****** time. A place where a father and son can bond over loud, angry, and rebellious musicians screaming about …well, can’t make out those vocals… but it’s cool because I’ll take a few photos, slide my card to the singer, get a CD and listen to them again on the way home. Its part of my life now, hiding behind a viewfinder taking pics in places i’d normally feel shy about. But you never get over the feeling of capturing the photo of the night and waiting eagerly in the car to get home and edit till 5am before hitting post and crashing next to your open laptop. And ill do it all over again until the day I die.
Check more of Solly’s photos at GlassHead.org
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and show us your favorite spots.