DetailsOur Assault rolltop backpacks are built to survive the harsh demands of the city. We make them with truck-tarpaulin exteriors to withstand the daily grind or a quick weekend bender. Side-access laptop compartment fits a 15” MacBook (padded sleeve recommended). Just hose them down, wipe them clean, and start all over again.
fit• Ergonomic shoulder-strap design with EVA foam back panel for improved fit and breathability
• Sternum strap for load distribution
• Industrial-metal, cam lock underarm compression buckles
fit• Weatherproof rolltop main compartment with adjustable stainless-steel closure accommodates a range of load sizes
• Side-access zippered compartment with built-in laptop pocket fits a 15” MacBook (padded sleeve recommended)
• Zippered external front pocket
• Daisy-chain mounting loops for attaching carabineer or bike lights
• Industrial-strength Velcro, accessory-mounting shoulder straps
fit• Weatherproof, 1000-denier, truck-tarpaulin outer shell
• Weatherproof, independently suspended, military-grade, 18-oz. truck-tarpaulin liner with bar-welded seams
• Nylon 69 thread and YKK zippers
• Made in China
- Size Chart
Customer Reviews 10 item(s)
- love this bag
I own a citizen messenger but wanted a 2 strap due to shoulder problems. i love this bag. i was able to carry my laptop, gym clothes, water bottle, shaker, and some books and the bag was super comfy
i have never been disappointed with any of the chrome products and this bag isn't an exception great shape and water proof
- Good but not all great commuter bag
All-in-all a great bag. I have used it as my daily commute bag for a little over a year.
- Reflective fabric, great when you commute in the dark
- Great build quality, except for zippers
- Laptop compartment zipper gave up after 11 months. Fortunately, the store I bought it agreed to pay the $60 in shipping to the US to get it fixed.
- Top opening is a little bit too narrow, sometimes unnecessarily difficult to load the bag.
- Front pocket is not water proof and is hard to reach into when the bag is more than half-empty
- A little on the heavy side but you can't have it all if you want something durable
If you feel the reflective fabric is a must then I would recommend this model otherwise I would look at other chrome bags with more pockets.
- Really Worth it!
Very comfortable and super sleek design! The panel is super reflective.
The only problem was trying to fit my school books in there, the opening is sort of narrow so taking out multiple textbooks at a time or putting them back in can be a hassle, but its very spacious.
- Bag rules
Really great bag, the 3m panel is super reflective. Wish the bag was a little bigger but overall this thing is the shit. Oh ya did I mention it's waterproof? You take the party around town!
I'm going to keep it short and simple. This bag gets the job done right. I'm very happy with it.
- Wish it wasn't a limited time offer!!!
I think the bag is great. I have the regular yalta and wished that I was able to get the night version but it went out of stock in Chicago very fast, :(. Hope it comes back out again soon.
- Bad Ass Bag
I bought this bag from the NYC store and it rules. I had a Citizen bag, but wanted something a bit more comfy and practical for my life. I have not been disappointed in any way with this bag. I've transported anything and everything in it, it's huge but not bulky, and it looks dope. I get compliments on it all the time. Also, the "night" feature is rad. I do a lot of night riding and that thing lights up like a Christmas tree when headlights hit it. Worth every penny, great job Chrome. On a side note: The folks in the NYC store were really cool and helpful.
- All-round no frills pack
The Yalta is one of those underappreciated chrome bags. It functions perfectly, but has no flash value. It looks mundane - but that's because it's purpose is its reason for existing. It's barrel-style, roll-top waterproof design does exactly what it is created to do. It stores tons of daily gear while keeping everything bone-dry with superior waterproof materials in a simple one compartment style pack. Weight is evenly distributed because of the ergonomically two-strap design, there is a quick access outer pocket with a taped seam for items that might get lost in the main compartment. The side-zip laptop compartment is a bonus, but not totally necessary as the main compartment accommodates a large volume of gear, including a full laptop case.
As usual, the Chrome manufacturing quality is evidient with the Yalta: you can't do better in the materials/manufacturing vs. quality ratio. A great bag from a great company.
- Good for a short while
I bought my Yalta a little 3 months ago.
I commute in all weather about 40km/day 3-4 times a week.
I've been rained on having the Yalta about 4 times and the bags been great.
The front pouch gets damp, and so can the laptop sleeve.
The inside military grade floating section is totally dry, no matter how wet it gets.
Anyway I noticed last week the side zipper where the sleeve sits has started to come apart.
I have purchased the bag from an online store in Melbourne Australia and provided photos.
They are waiting for the US team (ie. this site) to come back.
It's been four days now and still no love.
I'm very disappointed that only after 3months the bag has started to come apart.
C'mon guys where is the service!