We made our 415 Urban Work Boot to provide the stability and protection of a work boot with the mobility and feel of a sneaker. We noticed that work had changed but everyone was wearing boots made for standing on the factory floor. We wanted a boot that didn't require a long break in period. One you could bike, skate, walk, and ride a motorcycle in. The Storm 415 Work boot has oiled, full-grain leather and our Storm™ Breathable Waterproof Technology.
FIT:• Contoured impact-resistant PU footbed
• Blown rubber midsole wedge for maximum comfort
• Board lasted sole for pedal comfort
FEATURES:• Chrome Storm™ waterproof breathable membrane
• Durable upper construction
• Out of the box comfort
• Padded collar for ankle support
• Reflective heel pull loop for nighttime visibility
• Steel aglets to keep laces from fraying
• Waterproof oiled full grain leather upper
• 4-layer breathable waterproof internal membrane with 100% fully seam taped construction
• 100% Vulcanized construction
• Skid resistant contact rubber on the sole
Some of our favorite reviews
I love 'em! They're well worth the money. I'd only love 'em more if they came with hook eyelets.2/18/14 by JamesI love 'em! They're well worth the money. I'd only love 'em more if they came with hook eyelets.
They fit well and really are waterproof, not just water-resistant. I am, however, slightly lazy about lacing and unlacing so some hook eyelets seem like a nice idea for these boots. Still, they are of excellent quality, and no other boot exists that's quite like them.
Utility and comfort2/8/14 by zurpI love these shoes. I use them just about every day for mostly everything except for, ironically, on the bike. Though I bought them originally for rainy days and as alternate shoe to keep my Truks clean, I've found that I enjoy wearing them most of the time. Like it says, they're comfortable right out of the box and have only gotten more comfortable since. Perfect Fall/Winter-time shoe. Pair these with some wool socks and you've got some cozy feet.
Street tested in Montreal - Snow, ice, slush, salt, good to go.1/17/14 by SkylarI've been looking for a good boot for Montreal winter and cycling. I had three needs:
(1) Water proof, because the second you step into slush and get wet, you're freezing until you get inside. Particularly not good if you're working on your bike.
(2) Slim enough to work with pedal straps. Clip-ins can get icy and jam and I also just don't want to be walking with my cycling shoes everywhere.
(3) Style. I wanted a boot that worked on bike, in the bar, or with general shenanigans. Full on winter boots are bulky, harder to run/climb in, and look very... functional.
The Storm 415 came through on all fronts. I've walked through puddles, slush, snow, and stayed totally dry for hours on end. They work well with my Pedalbelts (worth checking out btw, handmade by a messenger up here). I don't need to adjust straps between my other shoes and the Storm 415s. Lastly, they just look good. I'm not that fashion conscious, but I have received a number of compliments and questions about these boots. They feel like regular sneakers, and are close to as agile for those nights you feel like hopping fences.
It's been two months of winter in Montreal at this point (measured in salt and snow) and these boots are holding up fine. They're even pretty warm to point also (I wear Chrome's socks). I'll get to maybe -10C/14F before my feet start getting cold.
We'll see how they do in the long-run on durability, but I'm impressed with everything so far. Way to go Chrome.