DetailsWe made our first messenger bag over 15 years ago. We needed a quick-release buckle for getting a fully loaded bag off quickly. We didn't have money to make our own buckle, so we salvaged a seatbelt buckle from the local auto yard and an icon was born. To maximize durability and weatherproofness, every Metropolis is made twice. The inside liner is made with military-grade, 18-oz truck tarpaulin. The outside is made with abrasion-resistant, 1000-denier military grade nylon fabric.
fit• EVA foam padded shoulder strap with cross-chest load stabilizer for increased rideability
• Accommodates up to a 17" Laptop
fit• Iconic quick release buckle with integrated bottle opener
• Daisy chain mounting loops for attaching carabineer clips or bike lights
• Industrial strength Velcro accessory shoulder mounting strap
• Reflective straps for night visibility
• Compatible with Chrome's laptop and tactical sleeves with messenger bag mounting loops (sold separately)
fit• Weatherproof 1000 denier military grade nylon outer shell
• Weatherproof independently suspended military grade 18 oz. truck tarpaulin liner
• Commercial grade five bar seatbelt webbing and nylon 69 thread
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- 10 years, still kicking.
Bought a metropolis in 2006 after debating between it and the citizen. At 6'5", I'm glad I went with the metropolis. The bag hugs my body very well. I've been all over the world with just this as my luggage. It can fit a change of clothes, computer, toiletries, necessary tools, extra snacks and a bottle for water. It'll haul two weeks worth of groceries for a single person, or fill it with ice and good beer for summertime porch barbecues.
- Built like a tank and stupid big
The fact that it's made in chico makes a big difference. the quality is much better than my soyuz. I use it everyday on my bike and not a single sign of wear after three months. a dedicated u lock pocket would have been nice though.
- Built like a tank
Straight up workhorse. Extremely large bag.